Monday, April 20, 2009



This post shall be in PURPLE in honor of Prince. I wonder how long there will be sound on this video. Why might I wonder? Well... a little known fact is that Prince is extremely, extreeeeeemely stringent about having sole ownership of any and ALL of his music on the Internet. He somehow has the sound removed on any new music featuring him that people post. This includes videos, concert footage, television performances, cover bands, and even regular guys sitting in their living rooms paying tribute to a Prince song on their acoustic guitars. I recently discovered this while searching for Prince on youtube. What's absolutely comical is reading peoples' confused and angry comments, after they try to watch and there isn't any sound. "WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?" "WHAT AN ASS!!!" and so on. I found this video and another one on google. Maybe he has no control there.
Anyway, I still love the dude's music. Purple Rain will always be my favorite album by him. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

I like some of Princes songs too,but i'm not a fan. My friend told me that he was pretty much a jerk when he was on American Idol. You'd think he'd want exposure, not control.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home