Friday, September 26, 2008

Valuable Lesson Of The Day

Get written contracts... never verbal.

Although verbal contracts are supposed to be legally binding...

And you have, as evidence, a recorded voicemail in which the defendant admits three times in it that he "knows he committed to you, but now has a tight budget and can't turn a blind eye to an unforeseen better deal ."

And a written transcript of the voicemail.

Apparently, when you have court at 9:00 PM with a harried female judge who receives not one, but two calls in the courtroom from her home during the trial... "I know...I'm hurrying. I'll be home soon. I'm on a drywall case." Obviously not giving full attention to the message and only glancing at the transcript, well, verbal contracts just aren't what they're cracked up to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words the mans word is worthless and the Judge must not have heard of the phrase " Word of Honor "

Saturday, September 27, 2008 12:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi how are you? I find your site interesting and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

I have an art blog here in San Diego and am looking for new friends who will comment. I would of course come back and comment on your blog. I hope to hear from you, and take care... Jesse

Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home