Saturday, September 06, 2008




It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. My cute little butterfly that I've had on this blog since the beginning is...is...is...just...*sniff*...somehow...has just gone away. If you don't remember my butterfly, well, it was a unique little animated sitemeter/statcounter that floated around my blog, just hanging out, counting my visitors. It made me happy (it's the little things). It always fluttered about quite naturally and seemed to consciously take in whatever post or picture it temporarily landed on.
Somehow it felt like it kept my blog company when I wasn't here, and was always hanging around here to greet me and others stopping by. I had even written tongue in cheek over on my sidebar, "does anyone see a butterfly flying...?" Well, today something seemed different here. Off.
What was it? Finally it hit me. I looked in my template area and saw everything was as it should be. Saw the code and the URL (softwarewings.com) that I had gotten it from, but it wasn't working on here anymore. How long had it been missing? I tried going to the site itself and it no longer exists. *sigh* Searched on Google to no avail. I felt that I had to acknowledge my little friend on here....and say farewell. Maybe it won't be forever. I still have hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home