Tuesday, October 02, 2007

RANDOM

Just wasn't feeling my last post, so I removed it. Good thing about blogs...you can always redefine things.

I don't really have a topic flowing out of me at the moment...so I'm just going to try and write some random details.

I'm still looking for investment property....two steps forward, one step back kinda thing. I haven't yet landed on the perfect deal...the one that will enable me to flip it and make quick money, or one which will allow me to make a profit each month (being a landlord) over and above the mortgage payment. You have to pay annual taxes and have insurance on the property...so you have to factor that in and then estimate potential repair issues. You can't really factor in an average amount for expected and/or unexpected problems... because they could range from a leaky faucet($) to new carpet($$$$) to serious $$$$$. I've run into plenty of opportunities... many where the tenants are already in place, which is optimal, but when all the figures are calculated, it usually runs pretty even with what my mortgage payment would be and I'm not comfortable with that.
.........
We are in a housing recession; residential building has slowed tremendously, which has definitely affected our clients and our business, but thankfully, we've adjusted our focus and things continue to function well.
..........
:) Dylan was inducted into Junior Beta Club. :)
.........
I'm thinking of getting a ragdoll cat. Everything we've researched about the breed is very positive. They are known for being extremely affectionate and laid back. I may do a post about them later, especially if we do decide to get one. For a while we had two puppies in our home, a Shih Tzu and a Pekingese. I could write a verrry long post about our initial expectations, and the ensuing reality that proved to be too much to handle. Let's just say that after about 8 months of yuppy puppy chaos, we gave them to a nice family and thought that was the end of it. There was a little guilt for abandoning giving them away, but overall, a lingering sense of relief at no longer having to deal with the never-ending responsibility.
Then came a call, "Um, we love them, but together they are just too much to handle...would you mind taking one of them back?" Sooooo, we took back Gizmo, the Shih Tzu, and while we all feel affection for him, at the same time, we still feel burdened at the responsibility of being responsible for him...and there is still guilt to deal with, because we have to crate him a lot due to the fact that he gets into things as soon as we're distracted and consistently likes to sneak places, like to a closet and poop. (Yes, I said poop.) Even after he has recently been taken to do the deed outside. He mostly doesn't mind being in his crate, but I wish we didn't have to use it. I sometimes feel like he would benefit more by living with someone who is home a lot and in need of companionship; able to give him the attention and stimulation he deserves. There are conflicting emotions, and we may or may not eventually find him another owner. We have to think of Dylan's feelings in this, and the example it would set, too. Obedience school may be the next step. Cats are so much more independent than dogs... I still love dogs, but at this particular point...no matter what we choose to do about Gizmo, (most likely keeping him) we still may add a cat to our family.

Gotta run. This post may change...

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

What you said about homes is true. When I was a teen my mother and my mother and her husband decided to by the house we are in. I tried explaining to my mom back then that she wouldn't be able to keep up because of the repairs but she really didn't hear me out. So know she has a "Money Pit".

Friday, October 12, 2007 2:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home