Sunday, October 07, 2007


It's October 2007! I seriously canNOT fathom how fast time is flying...I blink and a whole month year has passed.


I live in an area that is so beautiful during the fall; mountains, a large lake, and open fields with picturesque views of the woods. The leaves are just beginning to change and I'm looking forward to taking pictures again as autumn arrives. Last year I got picture happy and ended up making 4 picture blogs dedicated to each season- thinking I would take pictures of the ever-changing scenery during each season. I realized later that it was fall in particular that motivated me to take the pictures. http://the-autumn-blog.blogspot.com/

We've started decorating our yard for the season and Halloween. We got an idea from someone's yard in a nearby upscale neighborhood/golf course and copied it for ours. We bought a large roll- I guess that's what it's called- a 'roll' of hay, and Rickey and I spray painted a jack-o-lantern face onto the front. Ours looks much better than the one we copied. :) (secret heh heh)


I like that it exemplifies both autumn and Halloween.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT girlie! Halloween is my fave holiday (besides my B'day!) and I started my decorating today. Granted, I think a hay roll may not be feasible for my particular yard or neighborhood but I LOVE yours! :) I've never seen it before--love it!!!

Monday, October 08, 2007 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

Thanks girlie. :)

Monday, October 08, 2007 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Thats a cool idea, hope no one copies you. LOL

I envy you and Chelle (another fellow blogger). You both have nice scenery and all I have to look at are a bunch of houses. I couldn't even see the lunar eclipse from my house.

Friday, October 12, 2007 2:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home