Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I'm still playing around with that text design program. There is a lot to learn as far as shadowing, animation frames, shading colors, lighting from angles, etc. It's pretty user friendly-especially for a beginner like me. I'm not close to picking out a long term design to put on here, so it will change frequently until I land on something I'm satisfied with. Maybe I won't have a permanent header and I'll just change it whenever I feel like it.
Not knowing how to export the designs and save as an animated GIF file was preventing me from transferring it to the blog. Then I discovered that I have to use an image host provider on the internet, because blogger wasn't saving it properly. I'm sure I could take different steps, but that's where I'm at now. And I've also learned that not every free image hosting site is equal. On one I used, it gave me the transfer code and it saved correctly for the post, but sometimes it would load the animation on here really slow or there would be a box with a red x when I would open this page. So next, I was searching google for "fast load free image hosting" and found a better one. It's strange, but what the image looks like when I make it- is still a little sharper and better looking than after I transfer it.

All this stuff made me want to make other changes with the template.
I like my little smiley guys doing the wave over at my links on the sidebar. :) I'm going to continue making changes here and there.

1 Comments:

Blogger alexgirl said...

hey shari!
sorry i haven't commented in so long. been crazy busy. hopefully things will calm down now. My 2 cents: i think you should keep changing it! Why let yourself get bored.
But i do love those little guys doing the wave. That's really funny.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home