Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I never get political on here. I stay away from controversial topics and just try to keep things light and breezy. Here comes the but...BUT, Rickey and I were just discussing the Michael Vick situation and how Whoopi was defending excusing saying that it wasn't surprising and that this was natural (indicative) for where Vick comes from ("part of his cultural upbringing" and "comes from an area where this is not questioned"). I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.
pitBULLSHIT.

video

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

This is truly the first time that I have ever heard of someone being indicted in dog-fighting.

I don't know anything about the south so I can't say whether or not Whoopi Goldberg is right or wrong about the deep south. Still there is no excuse for what Michael Vick or any other person involved in dog-fighting has done.

What I do know is that everyone deserves a second chance. So after justice is served and he has done his time, I'm willing to forgive, but not forget.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Me too, definitely. I'm glad he has spoken publicly about his regrets and being a better role model. I just know whether or not it was common and accepted as part of his cultural upbringing, he totally knew what he was doing was illegal and morally wrong and I feel that her pointing that out was unnecessary and in some way belittles what he was a part of.
I personally don't feel that prison would "rehabilitate" him. I think TONS of hours of real community service working with animals and education in this area would be better.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home