Thursday, August 23, 2007





Today I had my first ever anti-aging cosmetic procedure done at the doctor's office. It's called PPx Skin Rejuvenation . It's a type of laser therapy (pneumatic energy and broadband light), but is supposed to be more advanced/effective than previous ones and with no pain or side effects.

We actually went there for a teenage acne treatment process for Dylan. He doesn't have acne, but is just beginning to deal with a few problems, and it's supposed to improve overall skin health by suctioning the pores and lasering/killing the bacteria in the pores. While he was being treated, I discovered it's the same laser thing that removes (pigmentation) sun spots on your face, unwanted hair, shrinks and cleans pores, etc. "Um, can you do this to meeeee today, too?" We were taught about levels and how the intensity of the laser is how they treat different issues. For example, level 2 is just for acne, level 3 for hair removal. We have to continue going back for 5 more treatments to complete the process, although improvement is supposed to be noticed right away, I believe by the second one. I have a few sun spots on my face. They aren't able to get any that are close to my eyes which happen to be the most noticeable ones I have. Oh well, I'll just pretend to myself that they're beauty marks. ;)

I have a little redness around my nose and am hoping to minimize the pores on my face that are near my nose. I also have tiny, light colored hairs around the corners of my mouth....totally not noticeable, but the thought of it eventually becoming a problem has always bugged me. So I'm removing what I have and preventing any potential problems in the future. .

6 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Angelina's lips have got nothin' on you though! Don't touch those!

Friday, August 24, 2007 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! No, I haven't heard of this until now but anything that removed broken capilaries and my famous sunspots (which Justin loves to say are freckles) . . . welllll, that is the treatment for me!

Are you going to get the series of 5? How much is it for all 5?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

I sent you an email. :)

Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

So did you notice any difference? I would do it just because of the coolness factor. LOL

Friday, August 31, 2007 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

There is supposed to be a difference after the 3rd one. They are doing them every 4 weeks-so I'll tell you in 2 months. :)

Sunday, September 02, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Shari you have lovely lips and eyes. Miss you! Hugs!

Monday, September 03, 2007 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home