Saturday, August 18, 2007


I'm having a day where I just want to stay home and hide from the outside world. I don't feel this way often. Usually I'm always on the go, but today, the thought of leaving to go anywhere at all makes me want to crawl back in bed. I'm just blah. I've showered, but I don't feel like getting ready, i.e. styling hair, picking out clothes, getting dressed, putting on makeup. There's nothing appealing enough to go do- to make me want to do all that getting ready stuff, either.

There is a heat wave here...temperatures repeatedly reaching over 100 and up to 106 this past week. Maybe that has something to do with it. I wish it was one of those wintry, rainy days where you light a fire in the fire place, drink hot chocolate and curl up with a good book. The thought of hot chocolate on a day like today seems too hot even though it's cool inside.

I've stayed in bed over half the day watching TV and reading. That, in turn, causes me to feel off-kilter and even more lethargic and so I seem to be stuck. I've forced myself to do the strenuous activity of writing on my blog. ;)
I haven't felt open lately...haven't felt able to be personal on my blog, which is why a lot of the time I post pictures or articles of interest. I still love my blog, still see it as a creative outlet where I can do everything from just be silly, to venting, to expressing my innermost feelings. At times I feel it's somehow inappropriate to unabashedly reveal intimate details in my life.... so when you (regular and random visitors) see that happen....sort of a drop in consistent posting, or a lack of the personal stuff.... now you know I'm just feeling...um....protective. Or maybe you knew that already and maybe you go through that, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Yep. Been going through that for a few months now..."blah"...but, maybe things will get better now. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I can't believe its been that long. I think I might write today...:))

Saturday, August 18, 2007 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

:D It's good to hear from you!

I hope you do write a post. I'll be by later to check it out.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home