Saturday, August 04, 2007

Some random details happening in my life:


Eating mostly healthy

Exercising (walking...Billy Blanks)

Trying not to age.

Reading have started around 4 0r 5 books:

Eat Pray Love, (good so far)

Miss Understanding, (only the back of the cover)

From The Heart 7 Rules to Live By (a third of the way through) (by Robin Roberts...heard she just had surgery... hope she will be fine)

The Secret (I misplaced it, just found it...not very far into it)

The Mistress's Daughter (only the synopsis)

The Measure Of A Man (That is Rickey's book, but I really like Sidney Poitier... halfway through)



Went to Sephora today;

got Bliss Shampoo and Conditioner,












Bliss Body scrub,












Philosophy- Hope In A Jar,












The Supernatural








(it is a mineral spf foundation)


School shopping for Dylan. School starts back next week. eeeeeek
Sort of sad summer vacation is over.

Went to a restaurant we've never been to last night....yeah.... I should've just blogged about that experience. 5 seasons
Looked like a nice little steak house/ brewery. Inside they tout the fact that everything is natural and organic and hormone and pesticide free. And fresh. Local farms and nearby oceans, blah, blah, blah. Okay, this is nice. Then, we were told one of their specials of the day was fried rabbit livers. Say what? Fried Rabbit Livers. Also on the regular menu, as well.
Not my thing.
Or Rickey's.
Or Dylan's.
They had a lot of strange sounding items on the menu.
I got poussin. It said, "Fried french (that order) chicken, fresh homemade smashed potatoes, and summer squash and zucchini."
Rickey and Dylan played it safe and both got a grilled pizza, although, that wasn't an easy choice when the options for pizza toppings were "Wild Mushroom Asparagus, Granny Serrano Caramelized Granny Smiths, or House cured Salmon Avocado, Red Onion and Baby Cilantro, or Spicy Sopressata Cured Italian Sausage, etc.
We weren't really in an adventurous mood.
When they brought mine out it was a whole chicken that had been deep fried and....yuuuuuck. I can't really describe what specifically repulsed me about it, but something definitely did. Maybe it was that it looked a little pink inside and the smell truly grossed me out. The potatoes were not at all good and the zuchini looked weird--sort of clear and water logged.
They shared their pizza with me. It was really good. I still may go back sometime.

The End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got two of my faves! Philosophy rawks! :) Please let me know how the Bliss hair stuff is . . . you know I'm curious . . . just don't recommend it too highly since I'm poor and all. :)

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home