Sunday, April 08, 2007













A while ago I posted the silly song below.

Okay... imagine me singing, using a whispery voice, sort of an English accent combined with Australian, improvising this song on a recent road trip. Here goes:





I don't want
to fight
in the car

I don't want to fight
when we
drive real far

I don't want to fight
at night
Even
if I'm right

I don't want to fight
in the
morning (remember...English/Australian accent)
Consider this
your warning....

I just want
to get along
That is why
I've sung
this song

(I started making the song up one time when we kept snapping at each other while being grumpy on a long road trip. Our bickering ended and we were laughing hysterically. :)The song has actually evolved over several trips in the car.We keep adding/ removing verses. LOL)

Occasionally, we still add lyrics to it - like a while back when our dog was at the vet getting a hernia operation and we were waiting in the lobby & Rickey and I squabbled about something (nothing) until finally we weren't speaking to each other. Dylan and I started coloring to pass the time and I made Rickey a card that said, "I don't want to fight at the vet...this should be about our pet." (then we made up :P)

and I added one today:





“I don’t want to fight today.
Even if it means I don’t get my way….”


*we made up ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Very cute.
It's good to have things that break the tension and bond the family

Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home