Thursday, April 12, 2007



When we went to the cabin last weekend, the only time we ventured into town was when we went to a real life genuine DRIVE-IN Movie theater. So freakin' cool. I went to one when I was like 4 and I barely remember it. As you can see by the picture, it was just getting dark when they started it. They were showing a Double feature; Meet The Robinsons and Wild Hogs. Must be absolutely the only thing to do in the town because it was completely packed. We were on the second row and I was thinking, "This is so cool. How often do you get the opportunity to watch a movie from your car?"
You had to tune your radio to a local FM station to hear the sound. We joked about how the people in that town having conversations, "Have you seen such and such?" "No, but I heard it. Pretty good, think I'll just wait to see it when it comes out on DVD." We had actually taken two vehicles, because we brought a couple of relatives on the trip with us and didn't want to contend with 3 boys in the back seat for two movies. Rickey was over at his truck, ensuring that they were settled in and I was going "Ahhh, this is the life." I turned on the window washer to make sure our view was crystal clear, when I happened to notice a man in his late forties standing to the left of my car, wiping off his glasses because the spray from my car was hitting his face. eeek-Oops. Then he walks a few steps forward in front of my car and motions to my headlights that I had left on. Oooops! Sorry, not from around here. :)
We watched the first movie, Meet The Robinsons, (cute) and that's all we could take of sitting on our butts in the car. And they (the boys) were very ready to leave, too. Us movie-addicts had already seen Wild Hogs anyway.
The best thing about the cabin was:

Ms. Pacman!!!
I want one! I've always wanted to have a gameroom in my home with a real arcade game, pinball machine, pool table and more. I would like a real coke machine (serving free cokes, :) of course)
The one at the cabin was nice, because it had about 100 games you could play on it. The main screen let you choose from A to Z- things like Donkey Kong, Frogger, Centipede, Q-bert, etc.
That's pretty much what we did the whole weekend. It was unexpectedly very cold -freezing-and we had to have our Easter Egg hunt indoors. That was an adventure. I don't know who had more fun...Rickey and I hiding them, or the boys on the hunt.
We had 60 plastic eggs and 3 golden prize eggs. The ground rule was if you discovered a prize golden one, then that was your prize and if you found another one you had to pass it up and let someone else find it. It worked out great. So...that was my getaway. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Sounded like fun!
When I read Q*bert I couldn't concentrate on anything else...I LOVED that game back in the day!!!!

Friday, April 13, 2007 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home