Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lately, Rickey and I have developed a routine of watching TV series on DVD. We just finished season one of -don't laugh- Beverly Hills 90210.

I loved that show back in the day. Is it a coincidence that I have a child named Dylan? I think not. Actually with the process of name elimination it came down to naming him Dylan or Ryan and when he was born he stared at me intently and let me know in no uncertain terms that he was definitely to be named Dylan...but I digress. As the years passed of watching 90210 I eventually lost interest and don't even recall how or when it ended. I recently discovered that Rickey had never watched it and we are now completely engrossed in it as though we're reliving our time in high school together. Brandon, Dylan, Kelly, Steve, Donna, Andrea and Brenda are in my clique. Actually, I think I'm secretly Brenda.

In the early years Brenda was cool, although in my opinion later she became a bitch. I think in real life she-Shannon Daugherty- became conceited and it bled through to the demeanor of her character...I digress again. Watching that show again revives feelings of youth in me and adds a certain spark to my eyes. Season 2 comes out May 1st. I'm there. :)

Yesterday I came across new pictures of Jason Priestly and Jennie Garth. We are all getting older... They look good for their age and everything, but it's weird to get accustomed to seeing them on the show and then see them now at their current ages.



3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Gosh they still do look quite young. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I used to watch 90210. I even used to have the soundtrack tape. I liked the song Love is by Brian Mcknight and Vanessa Williams.

You tagged me? I don't see where.

Saturday, April 28, 2007 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

90210 is my FAVORITE show EVER. Therefore, by proxy, you are now my favorite person ever! Kudos for posting about such a masterpiece.
My friends and i used to play drinking games with obscure 90210 questions. Anyway, yeah, they don't look like the ole Peach Pit gang anymore... but to be fair, Brandon (JP) was in some horrendous race car accident and got totally f*cked for a while, so I guess he's allowed to look kind of weird.
Good post. am i allowed to admit that i even HAVE that poster of "the gang"? it's behind the door to our guest bedroom. ;)

Monday, April 30, 2007 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

ahhhh, I have a new friend with very good taste. :)

Monday, April 30, 2007 8:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home