Tuesday, April 24, 2007


I had a couple of weird dreams the other night and it reminded me of a couple of blogs I read recently where they did a post about a dream they had. Good blog topic...

You know the kind of dream that just has a different feel from most...and the memory of it stays forever etched into your mind? One of the strangest, most unsettling dreams I've ever had was when my son, Jason, was a toddler. I dreamed we were walking on a bridge and he kept running up ahead of me. The bridge seemed to be in the middle of nowhere...like a desolate void. Sort of an old fashioned London-style bridge with maybe a lamppost or two. I think it was nighttime; there was a thick fog all around the bridge and you could see nothing but the bridge. I was concentrating on watching out for Jason. All of a sudden a woman was walking slowly in between us and she was blocking my view of Jason and I wanted to catch up. I tried to go around her but she somehow continued to block my path. I smiled politely, not wanting to offend her and said, "Excuse me, I'm just trying to catch up to my baby over there." She slowly looked at me in an intense and creepy way and chuckled, and said, "Baby? There's no such thing. You don't have a baby. There is no baby at all. " In a panic, I immediately woke up with an intense feeling of fear and dread that I might really have just imagined that I have a son and he might not exist in real life at all. That's how much what she said, and the way she said it jolted me. I was severely relieved to see him sleeping contentedly in his crib.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home