Friday, December 01, 2006


Insomnia Post

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and experienced about 2 hours of insomnia.

Why am I awake?

It's too hot in here.

It's too hot to stay in the blanket or even just the sheet.
(I can't stand to be totally uncovered though, so I just leave my legs sticking out)

Two pillows are too much. (I pull one off)

One pillow is not enough. aaaaargh

Get up. Use bathroom. Check thermostat.

Maybe a glass of water.

Walk by computer, check email, ("Hey Eileen :) you did it, girl.")
Briefly surf net.

Go back to bed.

Lay there, trying to sleep. Rickey snores softly. I try to mentally allow it to sooth me. Not working.

I can't get a song out of my head... "Sleigh bells riiiiiing, are you listening?"

"In the laaaaaane, the snow is glistening...."

I turn over. Try to focus.

"A beautiful sight.
Happy tonight."

Oh, for the love of God.

"Walking in a winter wonderland."
Please

"Gone awaaaaaaay
is the bluebird."
I block it out.
"Here to staaaaaay is...."
Rickey still snoring.
I block it out


"In the meadow we can--"
no

"Build a snowman" Block it out.
Rickey still snoring


Stop snoring Rickey.
"Turn over, baby." (no change)

"Hey!" (gently shaking him)
"Turn over please!" He briefly stops, but doesn't wake up enough to turn over.

Stop snoring Rickey (it's not even that loud, just annoying enough to prevent sleep)

Gets louder.

"RICKEY!"

"What???????"

"Turn OVER. You're snoring. LOUD."

Better


"He'll say are you married, we'll say no man, but you can do the job while you're in town. "

Fine!

"Later ooooon
we'll conspiiire
as we dreeeeeeeeeeam
by the fiiire
To face
unafraid
the plans that we've made
walking in a winter wonderland

walking in a winter wonderland
walking in a winter wonderland"




zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Funny!!!!

Friday, December 01, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Hi Shari, you have totally captured how I feel tonight. Can't sleep, and I am soooooooo sick. Please sleep come please!!!!! Blahhhhhhhhhhhh [;)]

Miss U !

Saturday, December 02, 2006 2:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home