Wednesday, November 22, 2006



Question Of The Day

I want to try some new recipes for Thanksgiving.

On the menu so far:

turkey

dressing--would love recipe

heavenly hash

sweet potato souffle

corn

potatoes of some kind-would love recipe

pies (assorted)

rolls

cranberry sauce

stuffed celery--mmm so good

deviled eggs

gravy

That's all. :)

Question of the day: Do you have any new dish suggestions or a recipe for any of the above?

** I just got back with everything for tomorrow.

I'm prepping and cooking some stuff right now.

I have been making my own Thanksgiving dinner at home for the last 3 years. Doing very well if I do say so myself.

The Heavenly Hash I mentioned above is a fruit medley and is absolutely awesome. I got the recipe from an old friend and mother figure...a true Southern Belle. She passed away over 6 years ago, but her tradition will carry on. She was a wonderful cook. I'm not a fan of fruit salads, because most of them have mayonnaise in them-yuck-but this one has whipped cream. mmmm

recipe:
tiny marshmallows--1plus cups

crushed pineapple—-1 small can
mandarin oranges---1 large or 2 small cans
crushed pecans---1/3 cup
chopped coconut—1/4 cup
sour cream-teaspoon
whipped cream---1 cup plus**

I'm thinking of adding a few fresh strawberries.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I'm doing no cooking, this year, I don't have any advice. My brother's determined to make candied yams apparently, though. He found a recipe with Kahlua. And marshmallows. If you want it, maybe I can hook you up.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 4:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

I'm tellin' ya, go with the Turkey brine....

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger smact said...

i've made that fruit salad before, but i don't use mayo or sour cream (EW!). all i use is the ingredients that you mentioned, plus strawberries,bananas,and apples with the whipped cream, of course. YUMMY :-)

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

I don't use the sour cream either, but Sandra, the woman that gave me the recipe did, so I felt obligated to list it. :)
I've thought about putting strawberries and bananas in there --but I don't think I'd like apples in it. Apples reminds me of all the fruit salads I don't like.
ugh--those ones with apples, carrots, and raisins. yuuuck.

Friday, November 24, 2006 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home