Friday, October 06, 2006




We were at a restaurant today, passing time with off the wall topics while waiting for our food to arrive.
One theme that always seems to reoccur is- "Would you do ______________ for a million dollars? 5 million? 10?" We try to come up with the scariest, grossest, and most outrageous questions.

Today, Dylan said: "Would you cut off your leg for 10 million dollars?"

Me: "No way. You?"

Dylan: "Yes."

Me: "There is no way! Ridiculous! Really?

Dylan: "Yeah. I'd just buy a prosthetic one with my money."

Me: "Okay, how about left over pain of the amputation, never doing extreme sports again, no wall climbing, running fast--"

Dylan interrupts: "Yeah....no way. Nevermind."

Rickey joins in: "How about a finger? I would."
(he later elaborates that it would have to be for more than a million, more like 10 and only give up his little finger)
Dylan said he would. I said maybe for 10 mil.

I said: "Okay, what about your ear?"

Rickey: "Nope."

Me: "It won't affect your hearing at all, you can get a realistic looking fake one, and you can grow your hair out."

Rickey: "No."

Me: "You're kidding! You would chop off your finger, but not your ear?" (as if he should be logical here)

Food comes. Game ends. Final results: Dylan and I would chop off our ear. No one would give up their leg. And Rickey and Dylan easily giving up a finger.

What about you???? :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan Miller said...

I love the concept of your blog but don't think I would really give up on anything (except maybe some bad habits) for any amount of money.

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

Ummm..maybe my appendix?
Nice profile pic,by the way..

Saturday, October 07, 2006 6:40:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

Susan-thanks for stopping by and commenting.

Anamika. No finger or ear? :)

Saturday, October 07, 2006 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kirk said...

A toe... definitely a toe. Except maybe the big one, ya need it for balance.
Otherwise I despise any sort of sandal so it's about as un-invasive of a removable appendage as I can think of.
Other than that I'd gladly take a million dollars to remove something from someone else.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 2:24:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

10 million? Probably not. But, Chocolate? Hmmmm....

Monday, October 09, 2006 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home