Wednesday, September 20, 2006




Regarding the letter I sent and posted about the other day-- although I said I couldn't let how the person responded affect me, this person is extremely important in my life, and I wasn't able to stop dwelling on it and worrying....and hurting. "Let go and let God" It took two long days, with me continuously checking email and voicemail, email and voicemail, but the person called me last night and I'm happy to say that we have made a positive step.

Fall is in the air, and I'm welcoming the change. The September sky looks beautiful and surreal, just like a dreamy painting. The feathering clouds streaking against the neon blue backdrop make me realize they are God's brushstrokes on his canvas. I can't wait until the colors on the leaves begin changing. Christmas will be here faster than we realize. Three months away! I need to hurry and make out my Christmas list.... ;) I try to do better every year, but I've frequently been one of those last minute shoppers. I then end up disgusted by the crowds and swear that I won't procrastinate the next time. Actually, we've been Halloween shopping, which is something I also usually put off until the last minute. I've even been embarrassed a couple of times over the years when early arriving trick-or-treaters come to the door and leave empty handed with me going, "Come back by-- we are getting the candy right now!"
Rickey loves Halloween and gets as excited as a little kid. He tries to dress up as something scary. This year it's gonna be Jason Voorhees from Friday The 13. I may dress up, too. Another post. I'll keep you posted. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Trick-or-treat!
Hey, sometimes, writing a letter helps me to focus on the words I need to say rather than saying them (usually backwards and wrong) to the person who needs to hear them. I'm glad to hear that there are steps going in the right direction! May God bless you!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger smact said...

oh how i love this weather we've been having lately. and i just can't wait for winter. i've always preffered the cold weather. i'm not too fond of this TX heat.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

My ex-husband's parents lived in the Dallas area and we visited in the summer a few times -soooooo HOT. There was a storm one time that knocked the power out everywhere for several days. HOT HOT HOT -And we visited one Christmas and I was sick with the flu the whole time.
I wasn't impressed with Texas---although I'm sure there are alot of great things there.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Denise just did that post about a place that sounds worth seeing. :)

Thursday, September 21, 2006 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger smact said...

oh yeah, tx has some great places, but it's just best to come down here in the cooler times :-)

Saturday, September 23, 2006 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home