Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I was in Target today and Rickey called me over to see the pictures of Suri in Vanity Fair. I'm telling you what. Go look at the last picture in the 20 something page spread and tell me that isn't a baby with a totally different ethnicity than Tom or Katie. If there had never been a suspicious pregnancy and we were presented with those pictures under the premise of- "We adopted a baby from another country...isn't she lovely", I wouldn't blink an eye. She looks Asian to me. I really believe more than ever that they did it. And$ got$ away$ with$ it.
It is insane. I don't know if they westernized her eyes, or if she is half Asian, but with nearly all the pictures you can see it. It is being reported around that the latest agenda is that Tom is now intensely on a damage control/ rebuilding of image campaign. It is creepy to me. There doesn't seem to be a mainstream media backlash as of yet, although I've noticed ALOT of suspicions (features and comments) on many websites. The baby was supposedly only 3 1/2 to 4 months when the pictures were shot. Looks older. Either the world has been succesfully punked, or people are afraid to sound paranoid. I've even wavered at times, feeling uneasy to believe something way out like that. I tried to tell myself , "She has dark hair like both of them. Maybe Katies lips?"
I've read comments where people gush that the baby is the spitting image of both of them and totally has Katies and or Tom's eyes. I have tried. I just don't see it.
I keep reflecting on how Rickey's first reaction when I showed him the pictures the night they first came online was,
"That isn't the baby. That's a joke! That's an Asian baby."
Some things I kept thinking, trying to objectively make observations
were: the hair looks kind of like a wig, maybe dyed? The eyes seem funny. Every picture looks different.
I've since read many other opinions of hair dye/wig assessments, wig jokes and referrals to baby wig websites, Asian speculation, Eskimo speculation, and commenting that the photos are all heavily, carefully doctored.
One thing I've discussed with Rickey is how in the world would someone have the audacity to even TRY pull off a stunt like that? Who COULD pull it off? Who would have the power, the money, the arrogance, the ego to believe they could do it? A celebrity. One who is quite accustomed to selling an image to the public.
As the saying goes...where there is smoke.....
Closure?
No, I got no closure from seeing those pictures. I know I (and many others) will be curiously looking as she grows up, though.


** I tried to find the photo online and could only find this photoshopped copy. The only thing that is altered from the one in the magazine is the eyes.




















photo-Gawker.com


***Okay, found it Chinadaily.com -Topic Asian features.

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Got my issue in the mail yesterday! Taking my time, bringing it on a trip next week...we'll see...we'll peruse Little Miss Suri. I must say she's a cutie, no matter who she really came from. Too bad she'll need therapy sooner than later.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home