Sunday, September 17, 2006


I recently wrote someone that I care about very much a letter and I am reflecting on whether or not it was the right thing to do. The letter was written as an appeal to replenish our relationship, some of it letting the person know how deeply I am hurt by their actions, and also how much I love them, and finally appealing for him/her to please respond in the same manner in which they have been regarded from me during the course of our relationship. It was a difficult letter in one sense, touching on a lot of core feelings deep within my heart, but also very cleansing. I was able to release in a healthy and honest way, intense feelings I had been supressing for a while. So, even as I write this, considering if it was right for me to have sent it to him/her, I know in my heart that it is right. Whether or not it touches the person's heart and wondering how the person will reply, cannot be something that I allow to consume me. (easier to write that last sentence than to do ) My hope for the future is that at the very least it will set in motion a true rebuilding of something that got torn down.

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Rivera said...

Congrats on taking that step. Something that has really helped me in the last few months is truly taking comfort in action that I have taken, and letting go of any emotional attachment to an "outcome." You wrote the letter, you did what's right in your heart...whether or not the person responds is an isolated event.

Monday, September 18, 2006 1:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home