Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Yesterday, Rickey and I went to a restaurant for lunch.
The kind that is much nicer than fast food. Ribs, steak, seafood, etc.
Good food.
Most of you would recognize the name.
We were enjoying our lunch, when suddenly a man in a booth near us blurted out,
"There goes a FU--ING RAT !"
As we looked at the man, comprehending what he just said, his expression of shock quickly changed to one of embarrassment at the realization of his temporary loss of social composure.
"Oops, I'm sorry. I can't believe what I just saw."
He pointed under an empty booth and said it had just galloped --GALLOPED--across the floor and went under there.

Galloped?

This could easily be a post about the repulsion I suffered at the thought of my food being contaminated, and the fact that the rest of our lunch was spent trying to believe it was still okay to eat there and how we have heard that all restaurants privately have issues like that at times. Yuck.
In between the loss of appetite banter, though, Rickey and I kept laughing at how the man had unintentionally let loose like that. He definitely didn't look the type to curse out loud in a public restaurant. It is so funny when unexpected circumstances reveal hilarious aspects of our personality. We then began putting different characters, people we know, in that same situation, and did skits of how they would have reacted upon seeing a rat while dining.

The uptight, aristocratic relative: "Oh my GOD! I can't eat here. You'll have to box this up. No, nevermind, I've LOST my appetite."

The obnoxious extrovert: "GEEZ would ya get a look at the size of that RAT that just went by?
This meal is gonna be free isn't it? This isn't fried Rat is it?...."

It's all in how you look at it.

3 Comments:

Blogger shari said...

What's sad is that I won't be able to force myself to eat there again.
Ignorance is bliss.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Ewwwww! But, still, when you look at it from the hilarious side...
I think I would also have a problem eating there again! (Glad you didn't tell us what the restaurant was. Like you said, Ignorance is bliss...lol ;)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

Ugh!I lost my appetite just by reading about it. Rat in a restaurant...business is gonna plunge..

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home