Sunday, August 20, 2006

THE VENTING POST

Pet Peeves

While sitting here experiencing mild exasperation from the lack of a topic to post about, I think I'll just do a list of some shallow pet peeves. Nothing serious, mind you, just some annoying little happenings that can send my frustration level skyrocketing.

  1. writers block
  2. when Pet's PEE (indoors)
  3. when I'm in an area at a grocery store, drug store, book store, clothing store, etc. and I JUST want to explore in my own little world, and for WHATEVER reason- even if the entire aisle is EMPTY, a person makes a beeline for where I'm looking.....doesn't matter what it is.....and follows me as I move to get away. (this really gets me- if you haven't ever noticed this one, just pay attention the next time you find yourself moving politely away. I seriously think people are just attracted to the thought that if someone is looking at something, it might be interesting and special and they might want it)
  4. no toilet paper nearby.......even worse....no one home to bring you a roll
  5. when parents won't remove their crying, screaming, disruptive child from a restaurant, store, movie, or special event
  6. when you're at a movie theatre and just as the movie starts, obnoxious people arrive and sit behind you, making comments, laughing at their own conversations, unintentionally kicking your seat, etc. (Rickey is extremely sensitive to this and if giving them a long stare doesn't work, has been known to complain to management and has had the people warned and even ejected.)
  7. finding GREY hairs....actually any sign of aging in general
  8. red lights when you're running late......and seeming to catch EVERY one of them
  9. discovering someone has finished off the food or drink item that you never got to have any of
  10. AND they left the empty container in the pantry or refrigerator

This has been amusing and satisfying to vent about. I might make this a regular post. You got any?

6 Comments:

Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

I hate the movie whispering thing too.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 1:56:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

:)Hey Anamika,
It is really weird--since you made this comment, when you open up this section --a popup happens that you can enter a name and password and go to drundel.com

?????????????
and there is a red X where your pic should be--and when I right click on it to enable show picture--it does the same thing--
a box pops up that has an enter username and password to go to drundel.com

Monday, August 21, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

and if you go to your blog it does it too

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

I know..its really irritating..the popup blocker isn't working too..

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

Drundel.com is some guys homepage.. I think this is one of his "marketing" tactics..

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Anamika Anyone said...

Problem Solved..It turns out that the Angrea Corr photo I had been using came from that site..its removed now..

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home