Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Stephaine did a post today --that we can all feel her pain on--of an annoying experience with customer service at AOL.
It reminded me of some email correspondence I had saved after dealing with idiotic customer service.


Customer Contact
Customer Name: SHARI
Account Number:
Email Address:
Subject:
Other Comments: I received a notice from you on Friday, stating that you have obtained insurance for my car loan and will be billing me for it (I also just noticed the "amount due" online has increased over the normal loan payment amount). I was previously sent a notice from you that stated you needed additional information and to have my insurance company contact you--which I did-- I then checked back (to be thorough) a week later and was told you still needed the information. I then called live on 3-way with one of your customer service reps to my insurance company and the agent gave you the information that you were needing. I was told "Thank you, that's all we needed", but am now dealing with this situation again.
I have repeatedly tried to call customer service today, but the line is busy or keeps disconnecting me when I press 9 to speak to a rep. Please respond!


Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: RE: PLEASE HANDLE THIS MATTER


Good morning Shari,

I am showing that the insurance information that we have expired in June so you may want to have your agent call us again. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or contact our Loan Servicing department at 1-800-xxxxxxx for further assistance.
*notice that he gives me the customer service number that I stated won't work
Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Administrative Supervisor


(I responded in a larger font-lol)

Are you saying I may need to have my insurance agent contact you for the third time? I have dealt with this more than enough.You may contact my insurance company: xxxxxxxxxx
. If this matter is not resolved so that I receive acknowledgment that you have the information you are lacking then I need you to respond with a supervisors contact #. I also need a direct response to know this matter has also been taken care of so that I am not charged for some insurance that you purchased unnecessarily.



**I then received a curt/smart-ass answer which I no longer have, stating that it is my responsibility to make sure they have the info they need....which I forwarded to the company. **
Finally got this response:


Dear Shari,

I am in receipt of your email regarding insurance and apologize this was not resolved back on 6/29/05.

I have personally updated your account to show your insurance as current and active and the $29 fee
that was assessed back on 8/13/05 has waived. There is nothing further needed at this time.

As far as the problem you experienced trying to get through to us, we are looking into this matter.

Please feel free to email me should you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,


Tammy xxxxx
Insurance Tracking Team Lead

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

It can really be frusterating dealing with these kinda things.

I used to get over billed for long distance every month. Took an hour sitting on the phone, arguing with a customer service rep, just to get corrected. hate it!

Guess who has a new job! :) I'll be teaching about ten three year olds 40 hrs a week. I have three days to come up with a weeks worth of lesson plans. I am thinking lots of singing and art ;) ! I am really excited. Wish me luck!

Friday, July 14, 2006 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

WOOHOOOO! :)
Good for you! More in tune to who you are! :)
Good luck--not that you need it, you will do great!!

Friday, July 14, 2006 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home