Thursday, July 20, 2006

RANDOM

I am at a loss on what to post about. But I'm more compelled to post something than nothing, so I'm curious as to where this will go. Think I'll just be random with it.
While visiting at his dad's house, Dylan got stitches last weekend. On his chin. One thing I've learned from raising two boys---somewhere along the way I discovered that I could have a plastic surgeon called in to the emergency room to sew up an injury. If the cut was going to be in an obvious place such as on their face, I gratefully utilized this option. If you have never experienced the difference between the typical ER doctor and a plastic surgeon......the contrast in skill and the resulting scar is astonishing. The ER uses a thick black thread and the stitches are typically loose with noticeable knots and unevenly done. You are told to wait 7 to 10 days before having them removed. The plastic surgeon uses ultra ultra thin blue thread and makes the tiniest stitches and sews with the utmost precision you could imagine. To avoid knotting hole scars, they remove them in only 5 days and the eventual scar is almost nonexistent. Well, my ex-hubby evidently doesn't value the results as much as I do, because he just took him to the local "po-dunk" little hospital in the small town he lives in and had the ER doctor do it. I found out after the fact, of course. grrrrrrr

Still battling my weight. grrrrrrr

Still wondering when we are going to see Tom and Katie's baby, Suri, and what the baby will look like.

Most of the movies we have seen this summer have been a disappointment, with the exception of The Lake House, The Break Up, and The Devil Wears Prada. I totally suffered through Superman and Pirates Of The Caribbean. We saw You, Me, and Dupree today and it was so-so. You are probably thinking "My God, how many have they seen and how often do they go ?!?" Yes, we are movie addicts. We try to go during the day to save money and avoid crowds. We see one to two movies every week. We may need to join a support group at some point. I'll be seeing My Super Ex-girlfriend this weekend. :)

I recently got a free sample of non-prescription colored contacts while Rickey was at the eye doctor, and I was fascinated with seeing myself with a different eye color. I've never worn contacts or glasses. I'm told I have 20/20 vision, but I must have previously had even better vision than that, because I know I just don't see quite as well anymore. Anyway, after the torture of getting them in, I decided:
a. contacts are extremely annoying to put in, wear, and take out
b. I hope I NEVER need glasses, because every pair I tried on looked absolutely terrible on me, even the expensive ones, so I know I'd wear contacts
c. The color tint was so mild and nothing special
d. I truly love my natural color :)

I want to close this with another topic, but I am again at a loss. I'd actually written a couple of brief paragraphs on other topics, but just wasn't feeling it for one reason or another.

I can't believe it is already Friday. Have a good weekend. :)


2 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

My older son was bitten by a dog when he was almost two and he was driven to a plastic surgeon 50 miles from our small town so that the scarring would be minimal (at the request of the ER dr.) He is now 14 and the scar is almost invisible. It is a "v" on his forehead. I imagine he doesn't even remember.
I want to see the movie "Lady in the Water"...you will probably see it before me, so tell me if it's good.

Friday, July 21, 2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger riskybiz said...

Tom and Katie's kid?
Are you sure it's his?
I'm thinking alien baby!

I always battle my weight, but I'm told I look fine, so I'll take it you look wonderful.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home