Sunday, July 23, 2006



I love Nintendo. Not so much the newer systems like Game Cube or the 64. I'm talking Regular and Super Nintendo game systems and those old games. Those came out a good bit after Atari, although Atari was pretty cool way back in the day, too. I wasn't much on space invaders and asteroids the way my brother was, although I was really into Pac-Man. I can still hear the sound effects in my head for Pac-Man. I liked to play Ms. Pac-man and Q-bert at the arcade. For many years at home, I was the absolute undefeated Master Queen of Video Games and could beat any game I was interested in better than anyone else in the family. Then, *sigh*, Jason surpassed me with games I wasn't interested in and I kind of got out of it altogether.
Occasionally, I will drag out the old stuff and show my skills are still sharp. I try to get into some newer stuff, but I get bored easily and seem to have lost the passion to play. They actually seem more detail oriented to me on alot of the older games than alot of the new ones, which appear on the surface to be superior--flashy with high graphics, and multi-dimensional controlling, but lack the depth, originality and adventure. Nintendo is coming out with a new system this year, I think, with new Mario adventures, so who knows... :)

3 Comments:

Blogger smact said...

hi shari, i also remember those atari games (simpler times,don't you think). although my two older brothers never let me play, so i was never good at it. so now i try once in a while to plat my 6 yr old son's GBA, and he ends up teaching me some moves, sad ain't it? by the way, i enjoy reading ur blog. LATER! :-)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Hey!
Yes, they were simpler times!
I'm glad you like my blog. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!:)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Alfonso said...

I've got a blog speaking about the new nintendo station, though it's in spanish...

http://wii-spain.blogspot.com

Inform yourself in google, you won't be disappointed, it's just got the good things you miss...

Friday, July 28, 2006 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home