Monday, March 06, 2006

SPRING IS IN THE AIR



I'm beginning to feel excited at the anticipation of spring. It is sunny and warm here, especially in the last week. The trees and flowes are beginning to bloom, the birds are back and chirping, reminding me to buy more birdfood.
We are already getting into spring cleaning, house repairs, upgrades, etc. This is the first house I've ever owned. (am buying) I bought it last March at age 35. It was like that ever elusive carrot, dangling over my head- just out of reach- for many years. I did it without $ help from any family and it is nicer than anything I ever lived in growing up.... so I'm proud of the accomplishment.
One thing I didn't quite realize though, was all of the little extra $$$ expenses that go along with taking care of your home. Yesterday, we had the house pressure washed (very necessary) and the garage door had to be worked on. Rickey has had our bathroom under a tile project for about 6 months now, (I've been having to shower in the kids' bathroom) and we are finally (thankfully) getting that completed. I have to renew the house insurance, pay homeowners dues for the neighborhood, and we really should have the yard treated for weeds and insects--eeeeeeeeeeek.
We are having fun doing small home improvements and are looking at them as an investment for when we do sell at some point, although in one sense I could see myself staying and not selling. Soon, I am going to buy some more flowers to hang on the front porch similar to the ones I got last year in the picture.


3 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

What a beautiful home! I'll bet it feels like a wonderful accomplishment, and seeing the outside, I can only imagine what you have done with the inside. (will need more pics...lol). Mash'Allah (it is as God wants! This keeps me from giving you the evil eye out of envy...;-)

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Thank you. :)
I feel like you are focusing and heading in the same direction, Denise. I, too, have had to live in places I wouldn't wish for anyone....and I'm glad you are leaving those places behind as well.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Nice house! It reminds me of my aunt Ruth's home.

:) AB

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home