Thursday, February 16, 2006



We have been shopping for a new sofa. Finally got this one to the left at Haverty's. It is a sectional, something I said I'd never get. I've always felt like "The 80's called....they want their couch back." Or, "Why don't we just run to rent-a-center and get one with cup holders!" No way.... But lately I've been in more of a contemporary mood than traditional. Change is good. I was surprised at all the different designs of them today. Anyway though, after going to ten+ different places, including Rooms To Go, which in my opinion has some really nice looking but cheap quality furniture (I LOVE alot of the accessories there), we finally chose between these two couches. They were about the same price. I really liked both of them equally- if anything, maybe the circular one more, but we got the other one because we would have also had to buy a new coffee table... also the circular one didn't include that extra section on the left side....$458.00 more. We don't like the accent pillows that came with the one we chose, but that will be easy to replace. It is more rounded than the picture shows. It looks better in person. I'll take a picture when it gets here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both of them! The bottom one is really cool but I like the top one, the normal one, better. I have a pit group too- paid alot for it and it is trashed now. But we got our money's worth out of it. I know what you mean about them being from the 80's, but I like them. Mike, the dog, the kitties (when they were alive) and I would all gather on it each night. Very cozy, you know?
Cheryl

Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:23:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

If you have an Anna's Linens in your hometown (or nearby) you can replace the throw pillows with some beautiful...but inexpensive...ones. (Of course, I have to say that because on the weekends I still work at the one in my town!)
BTW I LOVE the round one. If I had the money and the space, I'd do it myself!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Denise, I saw Anna's for the first time when we were shopping for the sofa, in Gwinnett/Duluth. When you've mentioned it, I just thought it was something located in Texas.It is like a Bed Bath and Beyond, or Linens and Things, right? I almost went in, but we were too tired. I'm going to have to check it out.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home