Wednesday, February 22, 2006

GIFTS OF LOVE


My Birthday was this week. :)
I had THE BEST DAY!!!!!! Rickey surprised me by arranging for my cousin and her husband to have dinner with us. Other than him and my children, I have almost no family( I need to do a post on it), and it meant a lot to me that he did that for me. He got me a Pink RAZR phone! :) I've been wanting it for a while.

My two boys gave me really sweet gifts also....the best in the world. A letter from Dylan telling me what kind of mom I am to him and how much he loves me...(causing deep ache in throat and fighting tears) and Jason gave me a Teddy Bear and a wooden figure of a mother and two sons- holding one in her lap and hugging the other at the same time. They were all faceless and it looked like me holding them when they were smaller. *bawl* awwww
Here is the link


4 Comments:

Blogger shari said...

The line of hand-carved figures is called Willow Tree. The description on the box was touching to me:

This is an intimate personal line of hand-carved sculptures. Each represents a quality or sentiment that helps us feel close to others, heal wounds, or treasure relationships to living things. Expression is revealed through gestures only... a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. Each piece is cast from my original carving, and then painted by hand. My hope is that the simplicity of these figures will communicate peace and serenity to those you love. -Susan Lordi

The name of my piece is:

Quietly
Quietly encircled by love.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger E. Rivera said...

Gorgeous! Very touching. Happy birthday! Hearing about your sons' gestures hurts my womb! Mah womb hurrts!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger ............... said...

Happy Birthday! You are blessed!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Eileen, Denise, and Stephaine,
:) Thank you.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home