Tuesday, January 03, 2006




We recently went to see :



Chronicles of Narnia -was really great. As good as the book. (The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe) It is the #1 movie right now at the box-office. Good prevails over evil. Who isn't happy with that? Rickey and I saw it and then brought the boys back and saw it again. Awesome family movie, with spiritual substance and depth.

King Kong -actually kept my interest. ( I usually hate those kind of movies) It started off a little slow, and I was groaning inwardly, thinking how long I was going to have to endure this, (3hrs 7mins) but it soon became entrancing .....full of passion, adventure and romance. The effects were outstanding.

Fun with Dick and Jane- was disappointing. I went to see it with an impression from the previews, that ended up not being what it was. It had an interesting plot, that didn't live up to its potential; middle class couple becomes armed robbers, while trying to "keep up with the Joneses". To me, it was one of those movies that put the best scenes in the previews..... I know it was a comedy, and I like Jim Carey, (who was definitely funny at times) but I wasn't able to become absorbed in the story and believe what was happening.

4 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

I'm rather anxious to see Narnia, as I've read the series ten thousand times. I'm not too interested in the monkey movie. I don't know much about Dick and Jane. However, I've been checking out all the old b&w movies from the library and enjoying them tremendously!
Movie of note for the week: Salah al Din (Arabic, with english subtitles)...great historical movie with fifties style graphics.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

Denise: re: Salah al Din-Is it an older movie? About what?
I loved the Narnia series, too. I read them growing up, and then read them again when Jason was younger, and now I have a renewed interest with Dylan. We're currently on book one.
The "monkey movie" lolol--- was surprisingly good- really. I even teared up.... you could hear sobs in the audience.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 6:07:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Salah al Din is an older movie (in color) made in Egypt about the man (we call him Saladin) who fought the crusaders at the time of Richard the Lionheart. The movie is from a Middle Eastern point of view but it shows the crusades from two different sides. (The English and the Arab).

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

I have heard that the Cronicals of Narnia was a really good movie. I loved the books, and am eager to see it. I haven't been to the movie theater in aggess. Maybe I will venture to the dollar theator, when it makes Narnia makes it there.

:) AB

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home