Tuesday, January 24, 2006






Jason's application to college (part 2)

Jason applied to three colleges in total. Two really good ones and one that is a basic local college that will soon be certified as a state college. We have to wait until April to hear if he is accepted to the first two or not. Worst case scenario, if he has to go to the local college, I will not be crushed,
because he can live at HOME...

I absolutely refuse to do a post on empty nest syndrome.

I never posted the letter of recommendation I mentioned that his teacher wrote. Here it is:

As a freshman, Jason's sense of responsibility was noticable.
He always completed assignments on time, participated in class
discussion, and made more than satisfactory progress. He joined
the National Honor Society, for which I am a sponsor,
and performed exemplory service in our first fundraiser,
far exceeding his club-mates. He participated in the golf team,
obtained a varsity letter, and became very involved in Physics Club
and the Electric Car Rally. He was on the inaugural Academic Team
and excelled at math categories.
Still Jason always had time to volunteer for special NHS projects

(he heads up the chapter's Cystic Fibrosis annual Rock-a-thon
fund raiser),maintain his grades and service to the community,
and even stop by just to chat. He works two part time jobs and
attends extracurricular events at which we run into each other.
Jason is the proverbial kid every teacher
desires in abundance-
conscientious, successful,consistent.

3 Comments:

Blogger ............... said...

Every parent should have a kid like Jason!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:14:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

I wish you would post again. I keep checking :)
I racked my brain tonight on what to post about, but just wasn't inspired.
Any suggestions...or anything you are curious for me to post about?

Friday, January 27, 2006 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger shari said...

:) thanks Stephaine--I have almost no family other than my children, so pats on the back for me are almost nil.

Friday, January 27, 2006 10:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home