Sunday, January 22, 2006



BEAUTY

One of my goals is to stay as youthful as possible- inside and out.
Along with a regime of diet and exercise, which are key to affecting inner and outer beauty,
I am starting to focus more and more on skin care. I recently discovered a nice beauty secret,
well, not a secret, but enlightening to me. I was under the assumption that the costly moisturizers had to be the very best. I have definitely learned through trial and error that you typically get what you pay for...and many times it truly is the case that, when something costs more, there is a good reason for it. However, I was using an expensive under-eye treatment and moisturizer for a while and kept feeling disappointed with the results (or lack of). On a whim recently at a vitamin shop, I decided to buy some pure Vitamin E oil. ($5.99) Just to see.
I absolutely noticed improvements right away. You will no longer find me at the makeup counter buying those expensive (promising extreme results) products. I may research some of the ingredients in them, and then stick with what is naturally conducive to healthy skin....
Do you have any beauty tips to share?

5 Comments:

Blogger shari said...

If anyone thinks of this post as vain or shallow....um...well...(having trouble here trying to insert apology lol)
I'm FEMALE. Skin care interests me, what can I say. :)

Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

Mayonnaise works for conditioning the hair, I hear, although I have never used it myself. I used to use oatmeal as a facial scrub, and sometimes I beat an egg white for a facial mask. There are a lot of websites that give you "recipes" for homemade skincare that are amazing. I like the expensive brands, too, but have opted for "St. Ives" of late because I can't really afford the "Estee Lauder"...lol

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

It just so happens that the eye cream I mentioned was Estee Lauder. I still like products from Clinique, Lancome, etc. but I was floored that Vitamin E oil works so much better. I have never seen such real definitive results from any skin care product I've ever tried. I like St Ives, too. They have alot of good natural ingredients.
I'm still in love with the free gifts with purchase, though.... :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Drink lots of water, and smile.

LOL :) AB

Monday, January 23, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

I'm with AB--smiling makes a big difference...but I, too, am a "free-gift-with-purchase" slut.

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home