Sunday, December 04, 2005

Quotes

In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun; as we see that the shadows, which are at morning and evening so large, almost entirely disappear at midday.

-EleanorRoosevelt

Many times I've stumbled upon quotes of hers that I admire. I am planning to read her autobiography and other books she wrote. There were four: This is My Story (1937); This I Remember (1950); On My Own (1958); and Tomorrow Is Now (published in 1963 after her death).

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

She does have some nice quotes doesnt she Shari.

:)

Hey, I am employed! LOL!

:) AB

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger shari said...

She was a strong woman. Admirable.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Hey Shari,

Sorry I didnt respond when you IM me last night. I was talking to another friend, and imbroiled in a deep conversatin. Anyway, SORRY! IM me again soontime soon.

:) AB

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home