Thursday, November 24, 2005




We got a tree today. Rickey, Jason, Dylan, and I went to a tree farm that we have been passing by for a while now, and had made a plan to stop there when they opened. The farm had a picturesque setting...like a Christmas card. A place you would want to go visit your relatives at. Old timey barn. Trees all around, all different sizes, on gently sloping hills. The tree we picked is a Leyland Cypress. They also had some Frasier Firs, but I wanted to get something different. It doesn't have that Christmas pine smell- I wish it did, but it is really pretty. They are now setting it up in the tree stand. I'm hearing the customary @*#%$%* from Rickey until he gets it straight enough to call me over. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger shari said...

It actually DOES have a nice smell! :)

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:34:00 PM  
Blogger ............... said...

What a pretty tree! I'm probably gonna go get us a cheapo silk job from walmart. I haven't got room in this tiny apartment for a real tree...boohoohoo. But, HEY, it's still Christmas, even with a fakey tree! I'll just simmer some pine scented oil!

Friday, November 25, 2005 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

See...we don't have tree farms. Our trees are all imported from the northern climes.

By the time we get them, they are already "old".

Yours looks really nice.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

Nice tree Shari,

I like to buy live ones, and plant then afterwards. If I cant, use a fake one.

I was always thaught that the tree was a simble of the male, and the wreth a simble of the female.Evergreen as a simble for life. Have you ever heard this before???

:) AB

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home